The Historical Truth of the Gospels
Can we trust the Gospels? Are they real history? Was Jesus even a real person? We get answers from Matthew Ramage author of Jesus, Interpreted: Benedict XVI, Bart Ehrman, and the Historical Truth of the Gospels.
- 12:47 - If only the original scriptures were infallible (manuscripts) and we don’t have them anymore, how can we say the Bible now is infallible?
- 20:46 - In more than one gospel it talks about the baptism of Jesus by John who says that Jesus is the messiah, but then in another John’s in prison and he sends his disciples to ask Jesus if he’s the one. Is this a contradiction?
- 29:00 - Are there any resources that I can use to counter some of the allegations Richard Carrier makes? He believes Jesus is a myth.
- 34:30 - Is there a difference between Catholic and Protestant Bibles?
- 48:27 - How do we respond to people who say that the gospels were not written by Matthew, Mark, Luke or John?
- 53:07 - I understand the gospels in terms of how you would sell a car to different types of people. Each is speaking to a particular audience and emphasizing different things. Is this a decent understanding?