The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 04:02 - What is the Church’s view on capital punishment and life in prison?
- 12:41 - A deacon recently told me that in Matt. 18:15-20 was probably added later since it didn’t sound like something Jesus would say, and that Jesus did not come to found a Church. Is that correct?
- 20:01 - What are the Church’s views on medical marijuana use, if it was as an oil or something of low doses? Is there a difference for patients versus a business operation?
- 29:09 - I’ve heard the miracle of the Eucharist compared to the Incarnation, but since after the consecration only the accidents of bread and wine remain while the substance has changed, how does that work? Since Jesus is truly God and truly man, would the bread be truly God and truly bread?
- 33:59 - Are there a few fundamental theorems we could take and from those come to all the other truths we need to believe?
- 44:30 - I’m in RCIA and my protestant family asked about saints. Do saints just pray for us or can they take action?
- 46:25 - Are martyrs foolish?
- 50:03 - Before Paul was a saint, what was his name?
- 52:02 - At the Transfiguration, where did Moses and Elijah come from, since they weren’t in Heaven?