Dr. Mary Healy, professor of Sacred Scripture at Sacred Heart Major Seminary in Detroit and the author of Healing: Bringing the Gift of God’s Mercy to the World, explores perhaps the greatest hidden gem of Christian Faith – the healing power of Jesus.
- 16:30 - Why do Catholics not pray with the same fever and faith for healing that other denominations do?
- 20:36 - Why does God allow children to be sick? We have a child who has epilepsy, we have prayed a lot, and we do not know what more to do. Do we need to accept that this is her path?
- 29:20 - What is your advice on being more active in healing and receiving the gift of healing through the Holy Spirit?
- 36:05 - We all know that the Eucharist heals our souls of sin, but does the Eucharist heal our physical bodies also? Are there any Saints who write about Eucharistic healing?
- 41:37 - How would you discern whether or not you have the gift of healing?
- 47:55 - In Mark 8:22 when Jesus healed the blind man by placing mud on his eyes, the blind man stated that he could see but upside down. Jesus then reapplied the mud and his vision was corrected. Can we extrapolate from this that spiritual healing and physical healing come in stages?
- 51:02 - God says nothing is impossible, so if nothing is impossible with God then can’t he heal everything? What are God’s criteria for healing? Why are some people not healed?