Immaculate Heart Radio host and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Joe Sikorra stops by to discuss how Catholic Faith relates to mental health and how it can be helpful in cases of mental illness.
- 12:41 - I suspect my sister has a bipolar health issue, but we can’t get her to a doctor to be diagnosed. She is 45 years old. She can’t hold a job, she’s dependent on her children, now she’s homeless. What do I do as a sister?
- 18:08 - I want resources for people with autism. Is there a Catholic approach?
- 20:25 - There is a psych medicine I’m on, and I’m wondering if this could in some block the grace of God? Maybe it might make me less receptive and responsive because it could dull me in some way?
- 23:24 - How do I guide my family’s mental health through my son’s decision to become “transgender”.
- 36:25 - I have a question regarding recurring post-traumatic stress after witnessing a mother’s death.
- 42:57 - What happens when your Catholic girlfriend begins to ask you about the emotional abuse she is suffering in her marriage and what can I advise her to do?
- 48:21 - What do you think of EMDR for reprocessing trauma?
- 52:30 - If you are seeing a secular therapist, what should I be aware of to avoid as a Catholic?