The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 00:57 - Under canon law, is an act of apostasy in defense of the life of another considered a venial or a mortal sin?
- 04:27 - I’m reading the Indulgence Prayer Before the Crucifix. Can you help explain a line that states, “contemplate with great love and tender pity the five wounds”?
- 07:38 - The other day you referenced Colossians 2 when speaking about Messianic Jews. I don't feel this passage was interpreted correctly in terms of feast days and food cleanliness.
- 21:48 - How did it come about that Joseph Smith found these gold plates and now we have the Mormon religion?
- 32:50 - What was the rationale behind removing the communion rails, and is there any serious consideration being made to returning them?
- 37:05 - How is it that the line of apostolic succession was not broken as a result of the separation of the Orthodox Church from the Catholic Church?
- 42:16 - There’s a local Protestant church offering a non-denominational online satellite school. Is there any Church teaching against my children attending this school?
- 46:00 - How can we be free from attachment to sin through plenary indulgences?
- 48:10 - I’ve been in a relationship with a man for about 5 years that my parents do not approve of. How does the church view my relationship in light of the commandment to honor thy father and mother?
- 50:38 - I have heard there is some confusion over the name of the Messiah being Jesus due to translation. What are your thoughts?