The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 01:22 - What’s the difference between actual and sanctifying grace?
- 04:50 - In Earth terms, relatively how long might a person spend in purgatory?
- 13:47 - Can I get some resources for defending the Church against Messianic Jews?
- 20:54 - 1 Timothy 2:5 “For there is one God and one mediator….” I say a lot of prayers to Mary, and I wonder how to defend my prayers when my Protestant friends mention this passage.
- 27:29 - In Ezekiel 43:10, why is the description of the temple used to make the Israelites ashamed of their sins?
- 31:10 - What do the Jews believe today about the afterlife and how does this differ from Jesus’ time?
- 36:35 - How does the Church understand speaking in tongues today? What does it mean?
- 46:21 - Can you give me brief description on who organized the Bible in the order that we know it to be today? Was there controversy involved in this? Why do Orthodox Christians include extra books while Catholics do not?
- 50:42 - In discussing mortal vs. venial sin, Protestants will often say all sin is the same and leads to death (Romans 6:23). They also say Christ died for all sins. How can I better explain the difference between these types of sins?