The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- I go to a parish where they remove the holy water from the fonts during the whole of Lent. Would it be sinful of me to refill the fonts with water from another parish?
- What’s your opinion of the mega church movement that has grown so big?
- Given that the tree of knowledge of good and evil was where sin came from; could God have created the Garden of Eden without it?
- When is the latest that you can arrive to Mass and still be allowed to receive the Eucharist?
- What is the intersection between the sovereignty of God and our prayer request? Why pray if God is going to do what is best for us either way?
- For cremation, I understand the ashes cannot be divided, but interred together. Why don’t we do the same for saints? Why is it permissible to divide their bodies?
- In Amoris Laetitia, the pope said if divorced individuals who remarry civilly believe they are in good conscience, they can receive communion. If they are married civilly and not sacramentally, doesn’t that mean their conscience isn’t fully formed? Why would he say this?