Helpers on High: The Intercession of the Saints
Karlo Broussard, Staff Apologist and Speaker at Catholic Answers, talks a little Cajun food in between answering questions about the saints. Why do Catholics pray to them, what are relics, and do saints know what is going on here on earth?
- Who would be considered the first saint?
- What are the different classes of relics and is it okay to purchase or sell them?
- A protestant friend once said that he was fine with the intercession of the saints, but he said he would not do it because he can just go straight to Jesus. How can you show that you should ask the saints for intercession?
- When the Church investigates miracles in the case of the canonization process, how does it know that a particular miracle is attributable to a particular saint’s intercession?
- Is using Saul when he goes to the witch a good example for the intercession of saints?
- The Bible always talks about God’s divine plan. What’s the point of praying to saints when there is a divine plan that you can’t change?
- There isn’t a lot of information about St. Adrian. Can you tell me anything about him? I heard there is doubt that he was even baptized.
- Are Adam and Eve considered saints? If so shouldn’t there be some devotion to them?