Father Vincent Serpa, Chaplain at Catholic Answers, takes questions of a pastoral nature in this hour devoted to the care of souls, growth in the spiritual life, and healthy relationships. Special emphasis is given to the power of meditation on Christ's Passion.
- How do we make Christianity more accessible to people when some aspects are hard to understand?
- How do I deal with my anxiety?
- Is meditation okay or is it unbiblical?
- My husband and I are trying to conceive. Are there moral ways to test sperm?
- If you don’t feel forgiven or if you don’t forgive yourself, is that the unforgivable sin?
- How can I rid myself of the fear of going to confession?
- How can I decide if it would hurt or help my family to have certain family members stay over at the house?
- My father had a stroke a month ago and it has really disrupted our family. I feel very alone. We have prayed for a recovery and I’m not sure God hears our prayers.
- My teenage daughter and my ex-husband are trying to set things so that I don’t get custody of her. Are there any prayers I can pray or can you offer me any advice?
- My husband and I are not Catholic. and we don’t want to use birth control. We have had a lot of kids in a short amount of time and I have had some health issues. Is there any Church teaching that says when it’s okay and when it’s not okay to use Natural Family Planning to avoid pregnancy?