The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- A friend has invited me to go to Mass, and I am a Baptist. Can I take communion, since I am baptized?
- Some parishes don’t follow certain Catholic guidelines. How does this openly happen?
- Regarding order in church meetings as discussed in 1 Corinthians 14. Is there liberty with the Mass for spiritual gifts?
- When I talk to my Protestant friend, some of her arguments now seem silly to me. How can I continue a conversation with a Protestant friend? We like discussing Christianity together and I’m not trying to convert her, but am struggling in our conversations together.
- I am currently going through RCIA classes. I have done a lot of stupid and bad things in the past. If I was to die suddenly, would I be sent to Hell?
- We have a catechumen in our RCIA class who has an Evangelical background. She was taught to learn the names of God (i.e. Jehovah Rapha, “the Lord who heals”). I am at a loss when it comes to this teaching and she is trying to find answers in the catechism. I am hoping you can give us some guidance as far as the origins of the names of God and how to better understand the Church teaching.