The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- Is penance enough to do away with temporal punishment, or is it something that stays with us and we need to continue to pray and fast?
- Is it allowed by the Church to have frozen embryos that are going to be discarded by the original parents to be implanted into another woman wanting to have children?
- What is the Catholic definition of the word “righteousness”. How is it understood by the Church?
- An Anglican priest stated they have the real presence. Is this true?
- My dad was a marine and is entitled to a full body burial at sea. What is the church’s view on this type of burial?
- What is the Church’s stance on In Vitro Fertilization?
- My non-denominational Christian friend passed away. She did not believe in purgatory, but certainly Heaven and Hell. Are non-denominational Christians subject to purgatory?
- In John 3:16 and 1 John 3:16, are the similarities coincidental or how did they come about?
- What does it mean that “on the third day he rose again”? If Jewish marriages are not valid until consummated. How do we explain Mary’s marriage to Joseph in this context?
- St. Catherine of Siena’s head and thumb is in Siena. The rest of her body is in Rome. How was it permissible to separate her body?