We will examine the foundation for ecumenical councils, explore a brief history of the councils leading up to Vatican II, and then delve into council teaching and post-conciliar controversies. We will consider these topics:
• Why did we need Vatican II?
• What is Ecumenism?
• Did Church teaching change at Vatican II?
• What about “Outside the Church there is no salvation”?
• Are the popes since John XXIII really valid popes?
• Were the post-conciliar changes to the Mass licit?
• Should I follow my conscience or Church teaching?
• What is moral relativism?