We will hit head-on many common challenges to the Catholic faith, including non-Catholic questions about - and anti-Catholic assaults on - the sacraments: The life-giving signs of grace instituted by Christ and entrusted to the Catholic Church. We will examine evidence for the sacraments in scripture and the writings of early Christians to equip participants to charitably explain and defend these precious God-given gifts. Topics addressed include:
• Why is baptism necessary? Why not just be "born again"?
• Why do Catholics baptize infants?
• Why do you call your priests "Father" when Jesus said, "Call no
• Why do you confess your sins to a priest instead of going directly
• Why can't women be priests?
• Why doesn't the Catholic Church allow priests to get married?
• Why do you believe that Jesus' body and blood are present in the
communion wafer and wine?
• Why doesn't the Church recognize civil divorces?
• Why do you consider Confirmation to be a sacrament?
• Why do you consider Anointing of the Sick to be a sacrament?
• And more!